Integral Vedic Counseling On-line Foundation Course | Learn Vedic Counseling as the Foundation of Vedic Life-guidance
Learn the ancient art of Vedic Counseling and Life-Guidance. Learn how to share a Vedic Life based upon Dharmic values and right management of your Karma. Learn how the Vedic Sciences of Yoga, Vedanta, Ayurveda, Vedic astrology and Vastu fit together into an integral model of optimal well-being. Add the Vedic Counseling Model to your life-guidance or healing work.
Study with one of the foremost teachers of Vedic knowledge, Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri), D.Litt, Padma Bhushan recipient.
Vedic Counseling is the ancient Vedic art and science of life guidance for all levels of body, mind and consciousness. It is common to all the Vedic arts and sciences – the inner ways of knowledge rooted in Vedic thought – including Yoga, Vedanta, Ayurveda, Vedic astrology, and Vastu, and forms their foundation.
Integral Vedic Counseling Online Foundation Course
We are happy to share our new course in Integral Vedic Counseling. The course is based upon Dr. David Frawley’s extensive work over several decades integrating the related Vedic sciences of Yoga, Ayurveda, Vedanta, Tantra and Vedic astrology. The course teaches us how to integrate these primary Vedic disciplines according to a background Vedic Counseling model that provides the foundation of Vedic knowledge that they all rest upon.
Vedic counseling relates to all aspects of human life, with transformational guidance as to physical, psychological, social and spiritual well-being. Though rooted in the ancient Vedic tradition, it is of crucial importance for the planetary age, sharing a timeless vision of human unity with all.
Vedic counseling is relevant to all forms of healing, creativity, life-enhancement, and experiential spirituality. It provides in-depth guidance into how we as individuals can lead our lives in an optimal manner for unfolding higher powers of thought and action, to the supreme Self-realization. We can describe Vedic counseling as a Vedic spiritual or yogic counseling, as it looks to the role of consciousness over that of body and mind.
This integral approach to Vedic counseling provides the student with key insights into the main Vedic fields of Yoga, Vedanta, Ayurveda, Vedic astrology, and Vastu, as well as giving a thorough background of Vedic philosophy, Vedic values, and a Vedic way of life.
Ordering the Course
You can order the course from the Take This Course option at the top right of this page, including any current discounts from the normal price of $495.00.
You will receive complete online access to the course and its various lessons, tests and study exercises that you can access from your computer at your convenience anywhere in the world. The course consists of on-line lessons, illustrations, numerous audios, and several videos.
Once you have ordered the course, we will provide access within a few hours, usually through the My Account option on our home page, unless instructed otherwise.
- The course comes in five on-line volumes or booklets and forty lessons, seven hundred pages of course material.
- Course includes illustrations, numerous audios and several videos to enhance the course experience.
- There is a three year time limit for completing the course or a reinstatement fee may be required.
The course does not require that the student purchase any books, though additional books are recommended for those interested in the deeper study. The course contains relevant portions of the Art and Science of Vedic Counseling, by Frawley and Kshirsagar, with an expansion of the topics involved. In addition, it includes extensive material on related Vedic disciplines of Yoga, Vedanta, Ayurveda, and Vedic astrology based upon Dr. Frawley’s other books and teachings.
The course complements our books and courses on Ayurvedic medicine, Vedic astrology, Vedic Studies, Yoga, Vedanta, and Tantra. The course has recommended reading for those who wish more information on the subjects taught.
The Audio Portion of the Course consists of a set of audios to go along with the course lessons. You will be directed to listen to them as part of certain lessons in the course, and questions relative to the audios may occur on the tests. The course contains a set of illustrations and several videos to help enhance the course experience.
The course grants credit in “Vedic Counseling: Foundation Course”, and 300 hours of credit with our organization. This can be added to any certifications with us in terms of Yoga and Ayurveda, Ayurveda, or Vedic Astrology from our other online courses. It grants you special study recognition and credentials as students of Dr. Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri).
Your certification in this foundation course can be combined with further study and training in the different Vedic fields. You may add to it your specialization in Vedic practices like Yoga, Ayurveda, Vedic astrology or Vastu, or take an integral approach using aspects of all the main Vedic sciences (the basis of what we teach).
The course helps you become a Vedic teacher, educator, counselor, life-guide and mentor. It provides you a good foundation in the field of Vedic education.
Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri) D.Litt is one of the most respected Vedic educators worldwide. He is the only western Vedic teacher to have received the prestigious Padma Bhushan award, the third-highest civilian award from the President of India, for his work as a Vedic teacher. He was one of the first to receive a prestigious doctor of letters, from SVYASA (Swami Vivekananda Yoganusandhana Samsthana), the only deemed Yoga university in India. He has also gained a special National Eminence Award from the South Indian Education Society (SIES) under the auspices of the famous Kanchi Shankaracharya Math, one of the main sites of traditional learning in India.
Dr. Frawley is the author of fifty books published in twenty languages worldwide over the last thirty years. He has direct experience teaching and guiding individuals, groups and organizations in the different fields of Yoga, Vedanta, Ayurveda, and Vedic astrology, and has written extensively on all these topics. He has been part of several important Vedic educational institutes and projects worldwide, including at a national level in India.
Nature, Meaning, Orientation and Goals
Vedic counseling is the counseling aspect of Vedic philosophy and Vedic healing, which pervades all the Vedic arts and sciences, with a different orientation, larger literature and older tradition than modern counseling approaches.
The goal of our course is to provide you with a Vedic view of counseling and life-guidance as part of a way of Self-realization in the yogic sense of the term of realizing the universal awareness at the course of our own being.
The course teaches you Vedic counseling according to the foundational views and approaches behind the Vedic arts and sciences, including certain specific applications, and their orientation towards consciousness as the basis of all our potentials, as based upon understanding dharma and karma.
Aim and Audience for Course
The Integral Vedic Counseling course is aimed at existing practitioners and serious students of the main branches of Vedic sciences (Yoga, Vedanta, Ayurveda, Vedic Astrology, and Vastu). It is designed to help them in their study, practice, teaching, and communication.
Yet the course is also relevant for those who may not have a strong background in any Vedic field and can serve as a broad introduction to all of them, in light of counseling and life-guidance approaches.
The course provides counseling principles and methods for those already at work in the Vedic field. This is particularly important, since many Vedic practitioners lack counseling training or skills and may not have been taught them as part of their studies. What we know, however valuable, may not be helpful if we cannot communicate it properly, which requires understanding the individual nature of our clients and students.
The course can be used by those new to the Vedic sciences and the Vedic way of life, but requires learning a new terminology. It can be helpful for counselors in other fields but may require adaptation or additional studies, as well as receptivity to the Vedic view of life.
Course Orientation and Information
Our Integral Vedic Counseling Course is not just a matter of imparting information or helpful techniques. It first aims at teaching and promoting certain values or a way of dharmic living and thinking or what could be called a “Vedic Life” staring with ourselves This implies character development, which is a matter of self-discipline, not simply imbibing information.
The course asks us to recognize the unique nature of each individual and does not give out en masse formulas to be applied mechanically. For this purpose of individual orientation, it employs a number of Vedic typologies based upon the three gunas, three doshas, five elements and nine planets to aid in this determination of individual nature.
What Students Can Expect from the Course
If you do not already have a background in Vedic teachings, the course will provide you with additional information about Vedic Counseling and its main lines of application. You will receive an introduction to Ayurvedic psychology, Yoga psychology, Vedantic philosophy, Vedic astrology and Vastu. You can then continue with further studies in these fields if you wish.
Students with a Background in the Vedic Field
Students with a background in the Vedic field will gain an understanding of how to orient their knowledge towards counseling, life-guidance, and educational model.
Students of Ayurveda
The course will provide special teachings on Vedic Counseling, detail on Ayurvedic Psychology, and helpful information on Yoga, Vedic Astrology and Vastu. You will gain a better understanding of how to communicate with clients and encourage them in Ayurvedic behavioral modifications and Vedic values.
Students of Vedic Astrology
The course will provide you with special teachings on Vedic Counseling, detail on counseling in Vedic Astrology, and helpful information on Yoga, Ayurveda, and Vastu. Vedic astrologers may not have good counseling skills. This course will teach you how through better communication you can be of greater help to your clients in guiding their lives.
Students of Yoga and Vedanta
The course will provide you with special teachings on Vedic Counseling as relevant to teaching Yoga on various levels, and helpful information on Ayurveda, Vedic Astrology and Vastu that is good for you to know. It presents Yoga according to its deeper philosophy of Vedanta as a way of Self-knowledge and Self-realization.
By combining Yoga with Vedanta and Ayurvedic psychology for understanding the mind, you can take your yoga teaching to a higher level. You will gain insight into Raja Yoga and its attitudinal, perceptual and behavioral modifications.
The Integral Vedic counseling approach is very helpful for meditation teachers, particularly those who follow a Vedic or yogic approach. It will help you add a full counseling approach to your teaching of meditation, aiding in psychological well-being and spiritual growth. It is teaching of Yoga and Vedanta is important here, as this forms the Vedic philosophy of meditation.
Vedic Educators and Vedic Priests
The course is relevant to Vedic teachers and priests of all types, who perform rituals and impart guidance at temples or to Hindu communities, students and disciples. It will provide new teaching skills and approaches, and a clear language of imparting traditional knowledge, particularly for people in the West who look to Vedic practices for healing and karmic improvement.
TESTING AND TEACHER-STUDENT INTERACTION
- The course contains study questions and practical exercises at the end of each of the forty lessons in order to guide the student in their study. These lesson tests should be answered by the student and not sent in to us, unless the student takes the additional interactive version of the course.
- The course has five detailed final tests at the end of each of the five-course sections. These the student must return to the institute for grading by email.
- Students can go on to our other Vedic courses, including Ayurvedic Healing, Ayurvedic Astrology, Yoga, Ayurveda, Mantra and Meditation.
- Graduates can get special tutorial guidance from Dr. Frawley personally for advanced study in Vedic counseling.
- Inquire if you are interested in these advanced options.
- Lesson 1. Course Orientation
- Lesson 2. Taking Stock of Yourself and Your Practice
- Lesson 3. New Models of Guidance and Counseling: A Vedic Perspective
- Lesson 4. Ancient and Modern Counseling Approaches and their Connections
- Lesson 5. The Vedic and Yogic Art of Counseling
- Lesson 6. Vedic Counseling and Life-Guidance: Primary Questions and Concerns
- Lesson 7. The Vedic Art of Higher Investigation and Vichara
- Lesson 8. Understanding Self, Nature and Universe: The Science and Philosophy of Vedanta
- Part I Final Test
Part II: VEDIC PRINCIPLES BEHIND VEDIC COUNSELING
- Lesson 9. Sacred Conscious Living: The Way of Yajna
- Lesson 10. Karmic Reckoning and Karmic Responsiblity: Taking Control of Your Life
- Lesson 11. Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha: The Four Great Goals of Life
- Lesson 12. Discovering Your Inner Light: Developing Your Agni or Inner Flame
- Lesson 13. Discovering Lasting Happiness and Soma
- Lesson 14. Managing your Prana, Spirit and Vital Energy
- Lesson 15. Sexuality: the Complementary Powers of Shiva and Shakti
- Part II. Final Test
PART III: PRACTICE OF VEDIC COUNSELING
- Lesson 16. Necessary Qualities of a Good Vedic Counselor
- Lesson 17. The Unique Yogic Orientation of Vedic Guidance
- Lesson 18. Compassion, Devotion and Empathy
- Lesson 19. Common Causes of Disease, Suffering and Disharmony
- Lesson 20. Balancing the Five Elements Within and Around Us: Making all the Five Elements Sacred
- Lesson 21. Developing the Yogic Quality of Sattva Guna in Body and Mind
- Lesson 22. Psychological Nature According to the Three Gunas
- Part III. Final Test
Part IV. PRIMARY APPROACHES OF VEDIC COUNSELING
- Lesson 23. Vedic Counseling, Ayurveda and the Three Doshas
- Lesson 24. Vedic Psychology: Interface of Gunas and Doshas
- Lesson 25. Vedic Understanding of the Mind and Psychology
- Lesson 26. Ayurvedic Counseling Methods and Psychological Approaches
- Lesson 27. Vedic Behavioral Medicine
- Lesson 28. Yogic Counseling and Raja Yoga of Patanjali
- Lesson 29. Yoga Typologies in Counseling
- Lesson 30. Yogic Counseling and the Chakras
- Lesson 31. Yogic Neuroscience and Psychology
- Lesson 32. Our Daily Journey into Consciousness
- Part IV. Final Test
Part V: ADVANCED APPROACHES OF VEDIC COUNSELING
- Lesson 33. Vedic Counseling and the Role of Meditation
- Lesson 35. Shakti Bija Mantras and Healing the Mind and Heart
- Lesson 36. Vedic Astrology and Karmic Counseling, Our Karmic DNA
- Lesson 37. Vedic Counseling and the Nine Planetary Types of Vedic Astrology
- Lesson 38. Overview of Vedic Astrology Principles in Counseling Practice
- Lesson 39. Vastu-Based Vedic Counseling and Considerations
- Lesson 40. Vedic Laws of Right Living and Dharmic Action
- Lesson 41. Vedic and Yogic Laws for Realizing Cosmic Consciousness
- Lesson 42. Traditional Aspects of Vedic Knowledge, the Tree of Vedic Knowledge
- Lesson 43. Summary of Principles and Recommendations
- Part V. Final Test
- Special Course Concluding Questions and Concerns – Advanced Studies
- Glossary of Terms