Ayurvedic Astrology Course | Learn Vedic Astrology along with an Ayurvedic and Yogic Vision
Learn the fundamentals of Vedic astrology according to the background of “Ayurvedic Astrology,” helping you approach the astrological chart in order to recognize imbalances of body and mind according to their planetary connections, and promote positive well-being, yoga and spirituality.
Study with Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri), a master educator, author and teacher in both Vedic astrology and Ayurveda of worldwide renown.
Learn the fundamentals of Vedic astrology according to the background of “Ayurvedic Astrology,” helping you approach the astrological chart in order to recognize imbalances of body and mind according to their planetary connections, and promote positive well-being, yoga, and spirituality. Study with a master educator, author, and teacher in both Vedic astrology and Ayurveda of worldwide renown.
Since 1985 five thousand people worldwide have taken this course, which has helped pioneer Vedic astrology in the western world, and also has introduced the Ayurvedic aspect of Vedic astrology. It provides you certification as “Ayurvedic Astrologer: Foundation Course.”
ORDERING THE ON-LINE COURSE
Note our ordering option for the course through the Take This Course option at the top right of this page, including course price. You will be able to access the full course at your convenience online from any computer in the world.
Once you have ordered the course, we will provide access within a few hours, usually through the My Account option on our home page, unless instructed otherwise.
- The course comes in four on-line volumes or booklets and forty lessons, seven hundred pages of course material with supplementary reading from Dr. Frawley’s books.
- The course includes illustrations, numerous audios, and several videos to enhance the course experience.
- There is a three-year time limit for completing the course or a reinstatement fee may be required.
COURSE REFERENCE MATERIAL AND RECOMMENDED READING
3 Books and 1 CD (four items total) – Not included, Note ordering connections below:
- Astrology of the Seers: A Guide to Vedic (Hindu) Astrology, by David Frawley
- Ayurvedic Astrology: Self Healing through the Stars, by David Frawley
- The Nakshatras, by Dennis Harness
- Jyotir Bhava: Mantras for the Nine Planets by Yogini Shambhavi
You can order the books directly from Lotus Press (1-800-824-6396), Amazon or other sources, including by kindle edition and ebook. You will need these books if you do not have them already. Yogini Shambhavi’s Jyotir Bhava is available through iTunes and Spotify.
CERTIFICATION AND ADVANCED STUDIES
- Certification for the course is given to students who answer all test questions satisfactorily.
- The course takes about 300 hours of study to complete and provides 300 hours of credit in Vedic Astrology. It grants a certificate in our Foundation Course in Ayurvedic Astrology, as an “Ayurvedic Astrologer Foundation Course.” This credit is unique with us as an institution recognized for Ayurvedic studies as well as astrology.
- You may wish to go on to our other courses Ayurvedic Healing, Yoga, Ayurveda, Mantra and Meditation, and Integral Vedic Counseling.
- You can make yourself known as one of Vamadeva’s and the Institute’s trained students in Ayurvedic Astrology.
- Graduates can also take special consultations with Vamadeva or Yogini Shambhavi for examining their charts and career guidance. Vamadeva does take on a few special students for advanced training.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE COURSE
Vedic astrology, called Jyotish, is the traditional astrology of India and part of the greater system of yogic knowledge. While similar to Western astrology in using planets, signs, houses, and aspects, it calculates these differently and adds many unique factors of its own. Vedic astrology is a comprehensive system of astrological interpretation, containing accurate methods for examining all aspects of life from health to enlightenment. It has tremendous power both for the prediction of events and for guidance on how to live in harmony with the universe, helping us to understand and transcend the influence of karma.
There are no specific prerequisites for taking the course, except that the student should realize that the course can be challenging and contains extensive material.
NATURE AND GOAL OF COURSE
For those who have difficulty approaching Vedic astrology, the course provides keys for unlocking its language and its methodology, both in terms of chart interpretation and the application of remedial measures.
The goal of the course is to provide a good foundation in Vedic astrology. Its orientation is threefold:
- To teach the fundamentals of Vedic astrology and chart interpretation through the planets, signs, houses, aspects, yogas, divisional charts, and dashas.
- To set forth the Vedic ‘Astrology of Healing’ (Ayurvedic Astrology) for those who want to specialize in this subject, including gem therapy, as well as the use of mantras.
- To introduce the Nakshatras, Muhurta, Ashtakavarga and Vedic methods of timing, including the Vedic calendar (Panchanga).
No previous background in Vedic Astrology is required. The course starts at a beginning level but goes into depth into its subject.
The course is authored by Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri) and represents his approach to Vedic astrology, making it relevant in the modern world without losing its traditional depth and spirituality. Vamadeva is Jyotish Kovid (proficiency in Jyotish, 1993), Jyotish Vachaspati (Professor of Jyotish, 1996) and Jyotish Medha Prabha (Light of Jyotish Wisdom, 2014) through the Indian Council of Astrological Sciences (ICAS), the largest India based Vedic astrology organization, founded by Dr. B.V. Raman, along with many other advanced titles beyond these. He was directly initiated into Vedic astrology mantras by Dr. Raman himself. He was also honored by a Jyotisha Mahasagara (Jyotish Ocean of Wisdom, 2012) on the hundredth birth anniversary of Dr. Raman by the Raman and Rajeshwari Research Foundation. He is one of the few who is a world-recognized as a master teacher in both fields of Vedic astrology and Ayurveda.
Vamadeva was the first president of the American Council of Vedic Astrology (ACVA) from 1993-2003. He has been a board member of the American College of Vedic Astrology (ACVA) and the Council of Vedic Astrology (CVA). In addition, he is a well known Ayurvedic teacher and author.
Dr. Frawley is perhaps the most honored western Vedic teachers in India today with a D.Litt in Yoga and Vedic Studies and a special Padma Bhushan Award from the president of India, the third-highest civilian award of the govt. of India, which no other western Vedic teacher has received and which honors him for his work in Ayurveda, Vedic astrology and other Vedic and Hindu studies.
PART I. FOUNDATIONS OF VEDIC ASTROLOGY
- Background of Vedic Astrology and how to approach it
- An Overview of Vedic Astrology
- Foundations of Vedic Astrology 1: Planets and Signs
- Foundations of Vedic Astrology 2: Houses, Nakshatras and Planetary Aspects
- Foundations of Vedic Astrology 3: Divisional Charts, Planetary Periods, Ayurveda, Remedial Measures
- Planetary Types and their characteristics
- Advanced Study of Houses and House Lords
- Shadbala: the Six means of Judging Planetary Strength and Weakness
- Horoscope Judgment, basic principles
- Business Astrology, basic considerations
- Relationship Astrology
- 1; Comparative Method via Ascendant and Planets
- 2; Computative Method or Kuta System
- Glossaries, Sanskrit and English
PART II. THE ASTROLOGY OF HEALING OR AYURVEDIC ASTROLOGY
- Astrology and Ayurveda, Interconnections
- Planets and Disease Correlations
- Individual Ayurvedic Constitution and Disease Tendency
- Astrology, Diet and Herbs
- Subtle Healing Remedies: Colors, Flowers and Aromas
- Gem Therapy
- 1; Basic Principles and application
- 2; Advanced Principles
- 1; Balancing the Planets through Cosmic Sounds
- 2; Sounds of Planets, Signs and Nakshatras
- Sanskrit pronunciation guide
- Planetary Deities and Yantras
- Spiritual Astrology, How to Examine the Subtle Body
- Chart Rectification
PART III. ADVANCED MATERIAL: NAKSHATRAS AND MUHURTA
- Nakshatras (Lunar Asterisms)
- 1; Description of Nakshatras
- 2; Systems of Nakshatra Classification
- Karmic Astrology and the Lunar Nodes
- Horary Astrology, the Timing of Events
- Astrological Forecasting (Muhurta)
- 1; The Role of Nakshatras
- 2; Tithis and Related Factors
- 1; the Basic System
- 2; the Timing of Events
- How to Give a Vedic Astrology Reading
- 1; Background Information
- 2; Procedure
PART IV. WORKBOOK AND CHART ANALYSIS
- How to Read North and South Indian Charts
- Synopsis of Chart Judgment
- The Twelve Ascendants
- Raja Yoga and Implications
- Medical or Ayurvedic Astrology, Advanced Material
- Maraka Planets and Referred Houses
- Chart Rectification
- The Jaimini System
- The Question of Ayanamsha
- The Antiquity of Vedic Astrology
- The course includes study questions and study exercises at the end of the nearly forty lessons. The course workbook contains special charts for practical analysis.
- There are three detailed final tests consisting of over fifty questions, to be returned to the institute for grading. Students send in answers by email.
- Students can email the institute if they have additional questions based upon the course material.