Ayurvedic Healing Course
Take a comprehensive, yet affordable distance learning program in Ayurvedic healing, providing a vast set of resources, presented with clarity and depth. It is an excellent and accessible place to start your journey into Ayurveda from wherever you may be, and yet will take you very far.
Our Ayurvedic Healing course covers mind-body constitution, daily health regimens, doshic imbalances, dietary and herbal treatment, sensory therapies and internal practices of Yoga and meditation.
Our course aims to bring the deeper teachings of Ayurveda to everyone at an affordable price, whether for self-healing or helping others. It is connected to the classic books on Ayurveda of Dr. David Frawley.
An internationally renowned course taken by over ten thousand people worldwide over the last thirty years, the course remains one of the best ways to learn Ayurveda both at a personal level and as a foundation for deeper study. Let the wisdom of Ayurveda transform your life and broaden your awareness!
Ayurveda is the Vedic system of mind-body medicine and yogic healing since ancient times now going global in the new planetary era. Anyone interested in healing or higher consciousness should explore its wisdom and practical guidance for all aspects of life. It is the basis for natural healing, yogic living and following your dharma.
Over the past thirty years, our course has been taken by ten thousand people from all over the world and has formed the basis for numerous Ayurvedic training programs. Our course offers you the knowledge to bring you to the certification of an “Ayurvedic Life-style Consultant” at an affordable price, connecting you with profound Vedic studies for body, mind, and consciousness. It connects you with our broader Vedic counseling programs relative to yogic and dharmic living.
This comprehensive course outlines Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology, Ayurvedic constitution for body and mind, disease process, nutrition, herbs, aromas, Yoga and the subtle body, Ayurvedic psychology, spiritual methods, and much more. It follows the approach of Dr. David Frawley’s important books, notably Ayurvedic Healing: A Comprehensive Guide. Dr. Frawley (Vamadeva) is one of the most honored teachers of Ayurveda and Vedic studies both in India and the West.
Our Ayurvedic Healing course provides a deeper level of online study for students who may not have the time or resources for expensive clinical and classroom programs that also may require travel. It allows students anywhere in the world to deepen their study of Ayurveda at home. Its goal is to bring Ayurveda to everyone, not just to medical professionals but to all who wish to understand the Vedic and yogic secrets of health and wellbeing.
You can bring the wisdom of Ayurveda into your daily life today, and use it to help yourself, your family and friends, and as a foundation for a healing and counseling practice in the Vedic field.
Note course information below or email us at email@example.com with your questions about the program.
ORDERING THE COURSE
You will receive complete online access to the course and its lessons, tests and study exercises that you can access from your computer at your convenience anywhere in the world.
The course consists of extensive original on-line lessons and is enhanced with numerous illustrations, audios and videos.
All you need to do is order the course from the Take This Course option at the top right of this page, which also shows any discounts from the usual price of $495.00.
Once you have ordered the course, we will provide access within a few hours, usually through the My Account option on our home page, unless instructed otherwise.
If you have any trouble understanding the ordering process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The course comes in four on-line volumes or booklets and forty lessons, over eight hundred pages of course material.
- Includes illustrations, numerous audios and several videos to enhance the course experience.
- The course is a self-study course and allows the student to go at his or her own pace.
- There is a three-year time limit for completing the course or a reinstatement fee may be required.
REFERENCE BOOKS by Dr. David Frawley, not included, order on your own according to links below if you don’t already have them. You can finish the course without them, but they greatly enhance the course experience, and serve as good reference books for the future.
- Ayurvedic Healing: A Comprehensive Guide
- Yoga of Herbs (with Vasant Lad)
- Yoga and Ayurveda: Self-Healing and Self-realization
- Ayurveda and the Mind: The Healing of Consciousness
You can purchase these books from Lotus Press, or other sources like Amazon.com, including in Kindle and Ebook editions (very helpful for those who may find it difficult to order books by mail in the Covid era today). Yoga and Ayurveda and Ayurveda and the Mind are also available in audio editions.
- The course takes around 300 hours of study to complete and provides a certification worth 300 hours of credit in Ayurvedic Studies with us and the title of ‘Ayurvedic Life-Style Consultant.’
Our course offers you additional study and certification in the Vedic field, providing a well-rounded education in Vedic Knowledge Systems.
- Yoga, Ayurveda Mantra and Meditation Course. For those who want guidance in Ayurvedic Yoga approaches and related subjects of mantra and meditation.
- Vedic Astrology and Ayurveda Course. For additional training in Ayurvedic (Vedic) Astrology, as well as in the foundations of Vedic astrology overall.
- Integral Vedic Counseling Course. For those who wish to emphasize on counseling, psychological and spiritual approaches.
- Integral Vedic Educator Certification, Ayurveda, Raja Yoga, Vedic astrology, Vedic counseling. For those who have completed all our four courses and are looking to become master educators in Vedic knowledge.
- Dr. Frawley takes on a few course students every year for advanced studies with him, particularly in Ayurvedic psychology and Ayurveda and the mind.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE COURSE
Ayurveda is the traditional natural healing system of India going back over five thousand years. It is the healing aspect of the Yoga tradition, containing the secrets of both inner and outer well-being and ultimate happiness. Ayurveda considers all aspects of healing from diet and herbs to mantra and meditation as a complete holistic system of medicine. It is truly the medicine of the planetary age, with no limits to its growth and application today when Ayurvedic methods of disease prevention and proper lifestyle are important considerations for everyone.
This comprehensive program outlines the main aspects of Ayurvedic theory, constitution determination and practice. The course has a special emphasis on herbal medicine, noting western as well as Indian herbs. It explains diet and food in detail. The course adds to these physical modalities a higher dimension of Yoga and Ayurveda, showing an integral mind-body approach that includes spiritual and psychological considerations, with Ayurvedic keys to colors, aromas, asana, pranayama, mantra, and meditation. This provides an overall system of Ayurvedic life-guidance.
The course can be taken by those who are new to Ayurveda as it systematically presents the science of Ayurveda from its core principles. It is helpful for Yoga teachers, herbalists or nutritionists who are looking to add more Ayurveda to what they do, as well as Vedic astrologers, Vedic teachers and meditation teachers. Most important it is relevant to anyone who wishes to deepen their understand of who they are and how the forces of nature work within them.
Countries we have had students from: United States, Canada, Mexico, Columbia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Curacao, Great Britain, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Iran, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand.
The course is authored by Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri), uses his books and represents his approach, adapting Ayurveda to the modern world without losing its traditional foundation. Vamadeva’s books on Vedic knowledge are among the most extensive available. Vamadeva is regarded as one of the senior “Ayurvedacharyas” or master teachers of Ayurveda in the world today. He has a D.Litt (Doctor of Letters) in Yoga and Ayurveda from S-VYASA and a special Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian award of the govt. of India. He has worked extensively with the ministry of AYUSH in India in both its Ayurveda and Yoga branches. His books are widely translated into European languages.
Vamadeva has worked with leading Ayurvedic doctors and experts including Deepak Chopra, Vasant Lad, Sunil Joshi, Subhash Ranade, Avinash Lele, David Simon, Marc Halpern, John Douillard, and Jose Rugue. He has been active in Ayurvedic teaching programs in North America, South America, Europe, Russia, India and Asia for the last forty years.
PART 1. PRINCIPLES OF AYURVEDA 1
- Introduction to the Course and how to use it
- Historical and Spiritual Background, Vedic and Yogic Science
- Ayurvedic Cosmology, the Twenty Four Tattvas, Samkhya, the Five Elements
- The Three Gunas, Karma, Goals of Life, Basic Principles of Ayurvedic Thought
- Ayurvedic Anatomy and Physiology in Detail:
- The Biological Humors of Vata, Pitta and Kapha – elements, qualities actions, sites, and aggravation
- The Twenty Attributes – humors, elements, gunas and usage
- Five subtypes of Vata, Pitta and Kapha (subdoshas)
- Prana, Tejas and Ojas, the Three Vital Essences
- Seven Tissues (Dhatus), actions, interrelationship, excess and deficiency states, sara condition
- The Seven Kalas
- The Three Waste Materials and their conditions
- Agni (digestive fire) and its four states
- The Fourteen Channel Systems (srotamsi) of the Body, their functions and conditions
- Ayurvedic View of the Organs and their relationship to the Doshas
- Summary of Medical Systems East and West
- Enumeration of Ayurvedic Principles
- Glossary of Terms and Bibliography
PART II. PRINCIPLES OF AYURVEDA 2
- Constitutional Analysis (Mind-body types) – examining all factors of bodily structure, metabolism, disease tendency and psychology
- Mental Nature according to Three Gunas and Three Doshas
- The Disease Process
- 1: Disease and the Movement of Time, Climate and Environmental factors
- 2: The Six Stages of Disease in Ayurveda, classification and prognosis of disease
- Examination of Disease
- 1: Aggravated states of the Doshas, Sama and Nirama conditions
- 2: Humors and Tissues in the Disease Process, the movement of the Doshas through the Dhatus
- Diagnosis and Patient Examination: Differential Diagnosis of Disease Syndromes
- Methods of pulse, tongue, abdomen, questioning and observation
- Yoga and Ayurvedic Psychology, Spiritual Principles of Ayurveda
- The Functions of the Mind and our Greater Consciousness
- The System of Raja Yoga, Ashtanga, the Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Examination of the Subtle Body, Chakras, and Nadis
- Yoga Asanas and Ayurveda
PART III. AYURVEDIC TREATMENT METHODS: DIET AND HERBS
- The Science of the Six Tastes, Rasa-Virya-Vipak-Prabhava
- Treatment through the Five Elements
- Dietary Therapy, principles, outline of Ayurvedic Diet, Food Lists per Constitution
- Food List and Food Type Analysis – Fruit and Vegetables
- Grains, Beans, Seeds and Nuts, Dairy Products, Animal Products
- Oils, Condiments, and Spices
- Ayurvedic Herbalism
- Herbs for Digestion and Elimination
- Ayurvedic Herbs and Herbal Preparations – Study Guide to Yoga of Herbs
- Ayurvedic Therapeutic Measures: Palliation (Shamana) and Purification (Shodhana)
- Pancha Karma, Tonification and Rejuvenation (Rasayana)
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Disease – Study Guide to Ayurvedic Healing
PART IV. ADVANCED TREATMENT METHODS
- Subtle Healing Modalities of Ayurveda
- Aroma Therapy and list of aromatic oils
- Color Therapy
- Gem Therapy
- Mantras and their therapeutic application
- Yoga Psychology and Ayurvedic Counseling: healing the mind and emotional nature
- Patterns of Doshic Accumulation: through the skin, breath, digestion, sensation, emotion, and thought
- Herbal Treatment through the Tissues and Channel Systems
- The Science of Prana and Pranic Healing, Treatment of Prana, Nasya, Pranayama
- Marma points and Ayurvedic Massage
- Integral Treatment of Prana, Tejas, and Ojas
- Meditation and Ayurveda, prescribing meditation by Constitution
- Summary of Integral Healing System of Ayurveda
- Advanced Material
- The course contains study questions and practical exercises at the end of the lessons to guide the student.
- The course has four final tests at the end of each of the four course sections. The student must send these by email to the institute for grading in order to complete the program.